Nut-based Spreads and Sweet Spreads - US - March 2014
“Greater competition from other brands both within and outside of the nut-based and sweet spreads market will have an impact on the category. To fight the competition, manufacturers need to promote the versatility of their spreads for use as an ingredient, dip, snack, and beyond to help increase product appeal. Spreads made from natural ingredients that are free from additives, and spreads with nutrition-boosting claims will continue to be important for new product development.”
– Amanda Topper, Food Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How can the use of nut-based and sweet spreads be increased?
- What impact will competition from other categories have?
- How will health concerns impact the category?
- Types of spreads purchased and how purchase preferences differ by demographics
- Occasions in which nut-based and sweet spreads are consumed, including use as snacks, ingredients, and meal components
- Interest in gourmet and premium offerings for both nut-based and sweet spreads
- Preferences of Asians and Hispanics who over index in use
- Impact of fewer households with children and nut allergies
- How health concerns, interest in gourmet options, brand preferences and allergy concerns impact consumer attitudes toward nut-based and sweet spreads
- The types of nut-based and sweet spreads consumers are most interested in seeing more of
- The factors that have the most influence on purchases of nut-based and sweet spreads
- Which nutritional attributes are top of mind for consumers when purchasing nut-based and sweet spreads
- Current product positioning and what marketing strategies make the most sense given the various target audiences that manufacturers are trying to connect with to maximize sales opportunities
- Which brands are gaining, which are losing, and why, within the market
- How factors such as increased snacking occasions and shifting US demographics are impacting the market as a whole
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.