On-premise Alcohol Consumption Trends - US - April 2011
The food and beverage industry struggled through the recession, and on-premise alcohol consumption was especially hard hit, with consumers regarding drinks out on the town as even more of a discretionary spend than food at a restaurant. The economy appears to be picking up and savvy operators have spent the down time ramping up beverage menus with a bevy of intriguing and flavorful options to await the return of drinkers.
Like bears coming out of hibernation, thirsty patrons will need to be lured in with the prospect of finding new and enticing choices on the menu, and will need to be additionally incentivized with special pricing, special events and added extras, such as “mug club” type memberships that foster loyalty and happy hour menus that create interest.
This report details what the hottest trends are behind the bar and how to best bring in the customers that are waiting for them, including:
- What makes 25-34 year olds so valuable to the industry and what are the most efficient means of targeting them
- The crossover between the kitchen and the bar, and what flavors are most evident
- Where there is need for the greatest improvement on menus and what means of implementation will be most effective
- Examples of how operators are implementing the latest trends successfully
- Why the most important menu enhancements can be found right out the back door or around the corner
- How to better promote the beverage menu as its own entity instead of merely as an element of the whole package
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.