Oral Care - US - July 2010
An economizing mindset among some consumers has been sufficient to keep sales growth in check over the last three years in the oral care products category. In this environment, competition has only become more intense. A handful of successful new product launches have won market share, but have failed to ignite overall category growth. Some product segments have grown by helping consumers avoid an expensive trip to the dentist’s office, while other less essential segments have declined.
This report provides a thorough analysis of the changing oral care category, including insight into the following:
- The slowdown in overall new product activity, a closer look at recent successful launches and examples of innovative niche products
- The steady rise of private label products, stronger in some segments than others
- Sales results and market share shifts in each segment of the category
- Strategic profiles of leading oral care companies and influential brands
- Insights and ideas for growing sales in a highly competitive marketplace
- Mintel’s exclusive consumer research on the shifting behaviors and attitudes of oral care consumers.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.