Oral Hygiene - Brazil - May 2014
“The toothbrush and toothpaste segments have high penetration and frequency of use in Brazil, but there are opportunities for companies to develop more specific benefits, such as the addition of vitamins, higher protection and sensitive teeth action, since these attributes are of utmost importance to consumers. Supplementary oral care products (such as dental floss) and mouthwash are the two segments most suited to feature added benefit, experienced significant growth in the last few years and are used at a high frequency by Brazilians.”
– Sheila Salina, Senior Analyst
This report will answer the following key questions:
- Which segments of the oral care category are mostly used by Brazilians and with what frequency?
- Which factors (eg promotion, price, branding) influence consumers’ buying decisions the most?
- What brand attributes/claims are more relevant for Brazilian consumers?
- Which are the most common consumers’ attitudes and behaviors toward oral care products (related to health, well-being and appearance)?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.