Oral Hygiene - China - May 2014
"The oral hygiene market has experienced steady growth over the past few years, in particular the mouthwash and ancillary segments, with the growth trend expected to continue. Increased emphasis on oral health and beauty, higher usage frequency extending to mouthwash, electronic toothbrush and dental floss products, and a low dentist to population ratio have pushed retail value growth.”
– Jade Liu, Senior Research Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Why are mouthwash products important for brands to cultivate long-term consumer relationship?
- What are the key product aspects for brands to capitalise on to encourage trading up?
- How do emotional-driven product innovations help to sustain consumer interests?
- Why is medicated oral hygiene product a latent opportunity for brands?
Oral hygiene products include products such as toothpastes, toothbrushes, mouthwashes and ancillary oral hygiene products. Brush heads and sales to professionals such as dentists are not included. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels.
- Toothpastes include sensitive, herbal, whitening, children's, two-in-one (mouthwash and toothpaste) and other toothpastes
- Toothbrushes include manual and electric toothbrushes
- Mouthwashes include medicated and freshening mouthwashes and rinses
- Ancillaries include dental floss/floss pick, toothpicks and denture products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.