Oral Hygiene - Europe - December 2011
European sales of oral care products have had mixed fortunes of late, with the recent economic recession making consumers increasingly price-conscious, and resulting in some lacklustre performances in the Big 5 European markets. However, growing demand for specialist and value-added products is supporting sales, as is improved consumer awareness of the importance of a daily dental health routine. Backed by its larger population size, Germany is clearly the most valuable market, with sales expected to reach €1.5 billion in 2011.
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Economic recession and consumers’ increased price-consciousness results in some lacklustre performances in the Big 5.
- Growing demand for specialist and value-added, high-performing products, with multiple benefits, is a positive market driver.
- Breath-freshening, anti-bacterial and whitening have been the top NPD claims.
- The range of oral care incorporating botanical and herbal components is expanding, reflecting the greater consumer appreciation of more natural, less artificial personal care products.
- Toothpaste is one of the most essential and frequently used toiletries, which gives it near universal penetration.
- While the majority of toothpaste users brush their teeth twice a day, heavy usage is geared towards women, over-44s, the bottom income group, non-workers and one-person households.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.