Organic Food and Drink Retailing - US - November 2009
Organic food and drink sales experienced strong growth over the last decade, and in particular in the last five years as mainstream FDM started aggressively stocking organic name and private label brands. The recession has curtailed growth in the short term, and in this report Mintel discusses how consumer trends, the economy, and new product trends are influencing the market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the organic food and drink market in FDMx and natural supermarkets, and Mintel’s forecast through 2012
- How the economic recession and a shift towards frugality have hurt certain sectors of the organic food and drink market and how retailers and manufacturers alike have responded
- The rise of organic private label brands as consumers trade down, but not out, of the organic marketplace
- The latest new product trends that are going “beyond organic” with other feature sets appealing to the natural and organic consumer
- To what extent confusion over “natural” and “organic” terms is impacting the market
- Changes in shopping behavior versus last year among consumers that buy organic products
- Competitive trends that are helping and harming the organic food and drink market
- How retailers are more engaged than ever in their commitment for the organic foods market.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.