OTC Pediatrics - US - November 2010
With the exception of a sales boost in 2009 motivated by the H1N1 flu pandemic, the children’s over-the-counter (OTC) remedy market has suffered over the last three years from negative publicity resulting from a steady stream of events, including multiple recalls, a plant closing, and an ongoing inquiry into the safety and efficacy of cough and cold products for children. These events appear to have reinforced parents’ instinctive caution concerning the medicines they give their children. Putting the category back on a growth track will require concerted efforts from both manufacturers and retailers to rebuild parents’ trust.
This report offers in-depth analysis of the OTC pediatric remedies market, including:
- Analysis of sales and market share in eight different segments of the category, including the key categories of internal analgesics, cold/allergy/sinus remedies, baby electrolytes and children’s vitamins, among others
- An examination of the retail landscape and ideas on how retailers can help address issues facing the category
- Research and insight into how parents view homeopathic remedies and other alternatives to conventional children’s remedies
- Mintel’s exclusive consumer research examining parents’ behaviors and perceptions of the safety and efficacy of children’s remedies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.