OTC Sleep Aids - US - January 2012
The market for sleep aids is growing, despite the recall of a leading brand-name product and an overall reduction in new product introductions. Growth has been propelled by natural and homeopathic products, yet the number of people who have trouble sleeping still far outweighs the number who report taking a sleep aid, resulting in a category ripe for greater potential growth.
This report details the market for over-the-counter (OTC) sleep aids, including:
- The leading causes of sleep deprivation and the greatest sufferers
- How consumer perceptions of remedies are shaping purchase decisions
- Why the natural segment is booming and specifically which types of products have the greatest potential
- How active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) sleep aids can better benefit from the natural trend
- The importance of enlisting “brand ambassadors” to reach new customers and how online and social media tools can be better used to reach consumers and dispel product misperceptions
- Which competing products pose the greatest threat and how to combat that encroachment
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.