Outdoor Barbecues - US - April 2010
The outdoor barbeque market saw shipment values fall for the second consecutive year in 2009. Nevertheless, an increase in at-home cooking and on-going interest in outdoor living have all buffered the market from posting even steeper losses. Grilling enthusiasts; younger, multi-ethnic buyers; families and dads all stand out as consumer groups likely to drive growth in the years ahead.
This report analyzes shipment data and trends from 2004-09, for both the market as a whole and for major segments (gas, charcoal and electric grills). It explores the impact of drivers such as the recession and accompanying changes in consumer behavior, shifts in the housing market and broader outdoor living trends.
In addition, it examines:
- Profiles, advertising and branding strategies of major grill makers
- Significant recent product introductions and areas of innovation
- How major retailers including home centers and mass merchandisers have been promoting grilling and outdoor living
- Analysis of both market trends and exclusive consumer research, with insight into areas of future growth
- Exclusive consumer research into the ownership and usage of outdoor grills is analyzed by key demographic groups (gender, age, household income, household size and ethnicity)
- Insights into future trends and marketing strategies likely to be most effective with key consumer groups
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.