Packaging Trends in Food and Drink - US - March 2009
This report focuses on current trends in food and beverage packaging in the U.S., with an emphasis on sustainability, health and wellness, and convenience trends. Mintel explores how changing consumer preferences—including a renewed interest in valuedriven by the economic recession and growing concern about the environment—are impacting packaging design.
The report includes Mintel’s exclusive consumer research and analysis, which explores behaviors, attitudes and preferences regarding food and drink packaging.
- How the sustainability movement is impacting food and beverage packaging, from light-weight to more renewable materials
- An in-depth look at how companies such as TerraCycle, Whole Foods, Wal-Mart and Coca Cola are “going green” and leading the way with unique approaches to sustainability
- How the healthy eating trend continues to influence package design, from portion control packs to steam-in-bag technology
- New trends in convenience packaging, including ergonomic designs targeting aging Boomers and improvements in resealable technology
- How the current U.S. recession may hurt usage of convenience packaging
- How active and intelligent packaging can help alleviate food safety concerns and help brands differentiate themselves from competitors
- How the “minimalist” trend is impacting food and drink package design
- How using color-coded labels makes it easier for consumers to find products on the shelf while creating a visual “brand block”
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.