Paint and Wallcoverings - US - March 2010
The paint and coatings market has seen shipment values fall for the third consecutive year in 2009. Although paint has outperformed some other DIY segments in the consumer market, in the professional market paint sales have plummeted as new home construction has ground to a virtual standstill. This has been an over-riding negative force, which several positive drivers have not been strong enough to counteract.
This report examines overall shipment data and trends for the market as a whole, and for major segments in both interior and exterior coatings. Also included in this report:
- How the market has been affected by the recession and by changes in consumer behavior, green building legislation, “cocooning,” the on-going needs for maintenance and repairs and demographic changes
- Major suppliers, focusing on advertising and branding strategies as well as new product introductions and innovations
- How mass merchandisers, department stores and hardware stores have been reaching out to DIYers, developing private label brands and promoting paint
- Consumer attitudes and behaviors including type of paint and wallcovering products that different consumer groups are buying and using, as well as what rooms they are painting and decorating
- The most active DIY groups, and consumers most likely to hire professional help
- How wallpaper is being applied and removed, and how much consumers are spending on wallpaper
- Retailers favored by different consumer groups
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.