Pasta and Noodles - US - April 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, dry pasta and noodles are covered as per the following definitions:
- dry pasta and noodles: includes spaghetti, macaroni, and other varieties/shapes of dry pasta; dried noodles, including egg noodles and various forms of Asian noodles
- dry macaroni and cheese mixes
- dry pasta meal and side dish mixes
- refrigerated and frozen pasta
Other than for comparison’s sake, ramen soup kits (noodles packaged with flavorings), refrigerated and frozen meals, and macaroni and cheese are excluded, as are shelf-stable canned pasta and shelf-stable ready-to-serve pasta dishes.
"The pasta category remains sizable, but annual sales has been largely stagnant in recent years and is expected to decline. Concerns about carbs and weight loss appear to be strongly impacting consumer behavior. At the same time, health-oriented advances such as vegetables and protein in pasta could stem some of those sales declines and give brands the opportunity to leverage a premium positioning and price."
- William Roberts, Jr, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Particular challenges among pasta mixes
- Relatively little brand resonance
- Tap into younger consumers while their tastes are diverse
- Countering pasta’s negative health perception
- Premium indulgence
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.