Pasta and Pasta-based Meals - US - April 2009
This report explores the pasta and pasta-based meals market. As a mature market, pasta and pasta-based meals enjoy a high household penetration and personal consumption rate; however, several factors emerge that influence consumer behavior and attitudes towards consumption. Price/value perceptions, convenience and health emerge as key themes driven by the market’s most fervent pasta consumers—moms, dads and large households.
This report explores these aspects of the market as well as topics that include:
- Discussion of opportunities to maximize market potential during the rediscovery period the category is now enjoying
- Insights for future success include bringing attention to the fresh/refrigerated segment, speaking directly with moms about health, and staving off boredom by bringing restaurant flavors home
- Evaluation of the extensive competition for consumer’s grocery food dollar and how pasta manufacturers can stave off these threats
- Assessing the influence of family and kids on market sales as well as the shift to smaller households, and the implications for the market
- Analysis of top retail formats and manufacturers/brands in pasta and pasta-based meals and their role in the market
- Exploration into how the economy is influencing advertising and promotional activity as well as discussion of how marketers are advertising to reach its core demographic of moms and kids
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.