Patio Living - US - March 2011
While sales growth slowed to a halt during the recession, the outdoor furniture market held up better than most other sectors of the home furnishings industry, driven in part by increasing interest in “staycations” and the overall appeal of outdoor living. Post-recession sales growth has picked up and is likely to remain strong as more consumers outfit their patios, decks, porches and poolsides with a greater array of furniture and accessories that extend the season and make the great outdoors more comfortable.
This report provides an up-close look at the outdoor furniture market, including:
- Sales trends for the category as a whole and Mintel’s forecast for future growth
- An examination of trends in the major segments that comprise the category
- Profiles of leading companies and brands
- A sampling of innovative new products including environmentally-friendly
- An overview of advertising and marketing, including the industry’s initial steps into social media
- Analysis of Mintel’s exclusive consumer research covering overall ownership of patio furniture and types of furniture owned
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.