Pay TV and Bundled Communication Services - US - September 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel includes the following in its definition of pay TV:
- MVPD (multichannel video programming distributor), including cable television subscription services, direct broadcast satellite television subscription services and telephone company fiber/IP (internet protocol) multichannel video programming
- OTT (over-the-top) or streaming subscription services delivering TV network service via the internet (such as Sling TV and DIRECTV NOW) and those delivering on-demand content (such as Netflix and Hulu)
Services that combine video content with other types of services (such as Amazon Prime) are not included in market size estimates, although they are discussed in this report where relevant.
Bundled communication services refers to home internet and landline telephone connections, often bundled together with pay TV; home security and mobile phone plans are also offered as a bundle by some service providers.
"The pay TV and bundled communications industry in the US is in the midst of dynamic changes due to fundamental shifts in consumer entertainment behaviors. In addition to pay TV, household entertainment can include gaming, internet browsing and video streaming services. As such, consumer priorities have shifted toward high-quality internet as opposed to attractive TV channel packages."
- Buddy Lo, Senior Technology Analyst
This Report will cover the following areas:
- The US Pay TV and bundled communications landscape
- Bundled services
- Pay TV behaviors
- Home internet behaviors
- Home internet and pay TV satisfaction
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.