PCs - US - December 2009
The $19 billion home PC industry is very mature, with 83% of US consumers having access to a home PC in their household. Yet technology advances are bringing tremendous changes to this established sector, including new form factors, new operating systems and new players in the market. In this report, Mintel surveys market trends and describes strategies for future success in the home computing market, including:
- Historic and projected PC sales will be provided for 2004 through 2014, along with sales trends for both laptop and desktop PCs
- As component prices decline and wireless networking expands its reach, a growing range of devices are gaining “smart” capabilities and competing with PCs. This report will discuss the competitive threat posed by devices like smartphones and home entertainment equipment
- Current leading players in the PC sector will be discussed, along with emerging players and trends that have introduced new innovations into the market, such as alternate operating systems
- Key factors impacting home PC sales will be discussed, including the long-lived recession and lingering unemployment, as well as new trends in how consumers are using PCs and online content, such as the emphasis on mobility that has led to the rise of the netbook category
- Based on data from Mintel proprietary surveys, Mintel will provide a detailed overview of consumer behavior, attitudes and preferences regarding PCs, with an in-depth discussion of product purchases by category and brand
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.