Pet Supplies - US - August 2016
"The pet supplies category continues its steady growth trajectory as Americans continue to spoil their pets, which are viewed as loyal family members rather than owned animals. Looking ahead, the category is expected to grow as the pet population ages, creating opportunities for products designed to address common issues that arise among older pets."
This report looks at the following areas:
- Category grows 18% from 2011-16
- Pet ownership nearly universal
- Pet owners mostly purchase the essentials
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Supplies for household pets including cats, dogs, small animals (hamsters, etc.), reptiles, fish, and birds; horse care items are not included.
- Supplies include, but are not limited to, litter/deodorant, rawhide dog chews, dog/cat supplies (ie grooming, collars, leashes, toys, bedding, feeding equipment, and over-the-counter flea and tick treatments), and non-dog/cat supplies (ie indoor aquariums and aquarium accessories, bird cages).
- Excluded from this report are services for pets, such as boarding, grooming, training, and veterinary services; pet food; over-the-counter and prescription medicines; and the actual cost of the animal. Pet supplies sold through non-retail channels, such as groomers and veterinary offices are not included in the market size estimates.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.