Pet Supplies - US - June 2012
While sales in many categories have declined in recent years as a result of the recession, the pet supplies market has remained quite stable. This is partly a function of the deep emotional bonds that many people have formed with their pets as well as strong demand for a broad range of goods that help owners care for their pets and keep them healthy. However, manufacturers and retailers alike have been challenged by a range of developments in the market, as well as the tendency of many consumers to seek exceptional value when shopping for their pets.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the pet supplies market in the U.S. and addresses the following questions:
- How have sales fluctuated in recent years and how are they expected to change in the future?
- Which market segments are driving growth and what categories have been lagging in recent years?
- What are the primary market drivers and how do these factors, as well as the competitive context, impact sales?
- How are private label products performing in comparison with national brands?
- What types of new products are companies bringing to market and how are these innovations likely to impact sales?
- What are the key consumer attitudes and motivations driving changes in the market?
- Which consumer segments tend to display the highest level of involvement with their pets?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.