Pizza at Retail - US - January 2010
Packaged pizza sales are thriving thanks to a recession-driven increase in “eating in” to save money. The packaged pizza market (which includes frozen and refrigerated pizza, pizza crusts and dough, pizza sauce, crust mixes and pizza kits) reached $5.2 billion in 2009 in all channels. In this report we discuss how consumer trends, the economy, and product innovation are influencing the pizza market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the packaged pizza market and growth forecast through 2014
- How the recession has impacted how consumers shop for pizza—and what to expect when the economy recovers
- Why private label and small brands are driving growth at the expense of the market leaders
- The latest new product trends, including premium restaurant-style, better-for-you organic, natural, whole grain and portion control offerings
- Which new pizza concepts offer the greatest potential among consumers
- How restaurant- and pizzeria-style frozen pizzas such as DiGiorno and Freschetta PizzAmoré are leveraging the “eating in” trend and changing consumer perceptions of frozen pizza
- How the market leaders are using advertising to differentiate their brands from the competition
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.