Prepared Meals - Brazil - March 2013
“Despite prepared meals being used by 80% of consumers, they are not considered by Brazilians as an option for frequent consumption. Their price is high; they can cost twice or even three times more than homemade meals. Strategies that target low-income consumers can support sales growth. Meanwhile, given the still low usage, new product launches focused on flavor, indulgence, and competitive prices are best placed to attract consumers.”
– Jean Manuel Gonçalves da Silva, Senior Food Analyst
In this report we will discuss the following issues:
- What are the reasons behind the low frequency of consumption of prepared meals in Brazil?
- What is the relation of Brazilians with homemade meals and what does this mean for opportunities in the prepared meals category?
- What strategies can engage the most active prepared meal users, such as younger people and consumers who live on their own?
- Can “healthy” claim strategies help to increase consumption in the category?
- What strategies can be used to encourage higher consumption among lower Socio-economic groups?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.