Price Promotions and Loyalty Schemes - Ireland - April 2012
Consumer spending power has taken a nosedive between 2008 and 2012, with consumers finding themselves with less money to spend, and growing household costs. Thus the hunt for bargains is helping to sustain the popularity of loyalty cards in retail stores, and is driving the proliferation of deal-of-the-day websites among Irish consumers.
This report looks at the trends driving the use of price promotions and loyalty cards, as well as consumer attitudes towards loyalty cards and deal-of-the-day websites.
Key themes in the report
- What factors are driving loyalty card and deal-of-the-day website usage? – What role does diminished income and poverty play in their usage?
- How has the economic downturn affected spending habits? – What impact is the recession having on Irish consumers’ willingness to spend?
- Can promotions and discounting be counter-productive? – Do the discounts and savings offered by promotions and loyalty cards impact upon the brand strength of retailers, restaurants, etc?
- Are Irish consumers worried about privacy issues when using loyalty cards? – What level of concern do Irish consumers exhibit about handing over personal details when subscribing to loyalty cards / deal-of-the-day websites? Are consumers receptive to cross-selling initiatives?
- How important are promotions in prompting Irish consumers to try something new? – Can cost savings and promotions help to attract new consumers to a product/ service?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.