Private Label Natural and Processed Cheese - US - October 2009
In this report Mintel reviews the markets for natural and processed cheese, including the various sub-segments; reviews how private label is performing against branded products; and how the struggling economy of the last couple of years has shifted household purchases. With natural and processed cheese sales in excess of $10 billion, cheese is not only one of the largest dairy categories but is among the largest consumer packaged goods markets overall. As private label has become more widely accepted, quality has improved, and economic pressures have pushed more consumers to private label, sales have grown. Given these positive pressures, private label will account for some 38% of natural and processed cheese in 2009, and its share has been growing, especially since 2007. This report explores the market for natural and processed cheese, examining branded and private label sales and consumer purchasing, and provides valuable insights into current sales, product trends, and the challenges and opportunities present within the market.
- Which products and trends have affected sales, including increased segmentation of product lines based on target age group, the expansion of upscale natural products to the mass market, and increased focus on learning elements
- Which segments and sub-segments are seeing increased market share and the reasons for the shift
- The role of private label and how it is changing the behavior of dominant brand manufacturers
- Consumers’ attitude toward cheese products in general, including a closer look at their attitude toward private label, including reasons why they do not buy private label
- Which racial/ethnic groups have higher usage rates of specific products and what factors influence usage including age and cultural differences
- Brand penetration of market leaders and private label
- What features or attributes consumers look for and when they are willing to pay more
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.