Private Label OTC Healthcare - US - September 2010
While the recession has put a halt to sales growth in many large CPG product categories, overall sales of over-the-counter (OTC) remedies have continued to grow at a slow, steady pace over the last few years. Market share for lower-priced private label products, however, have risen sharply. The economic downturn has been a boon for store brand OTC remedies, but other factors are at play as well.
This report explores the OTC market for various healthcare items as a whole, with particular focus on the share accounted for by private label. Included in the report are:
- Analysis of sales and market share trends for both national brands and private label OTC remedies
- Overall category and private label trends by retail channel
- An examination of different approaches to private label branding and promotion undertaken by leading private label OTC retailers
- Mintel’s exclusive research exploring consumers’ attitudes and behaviors concerning the OTC healthcare remedy category in general, with a specific look at attitudes toward private label remedies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.