Processed Poultry and Red Meat - UK - November 2016
“The prospect of imminent cost rises heightens the need for companies to differentiate themselves by means other than price. That many buyers are willing to pay more for farmers’ pay guarantees and for more specific animal welfare details underlines how placing their ethical policies front and centre can pay dividends for companies. Providing transparency on sourcing and production processes should also help to build trust and convey a quality image”
– Alice Baker, Research Analyst
This report examines the following areas:
- Making ethical claims more tangible could temper buyers’ price focus
- Transparency on production processes and sourcing would boost consumer trust
- International dish matching suggestions could revive interest in sausages
This Report examines the UK retail market for processed red meat and poultry.
Processed poultry and red meat is defined in this Report as comprising retail sales of chilled and frozen red meat, poultry and game which has been altered from its original carcase form and has been taken a stage further than cutting into portions, or adding a marinade or sauce.
- Bacon, sausages and burgers
- Breaded, battered or formed products
- Sliced cooked or cured meat including ham, continental meats and cooked sausages
- Canned meats to be served hot or cold (eg canned sausages, burgers, meatballs, pies, meat puddings and pie fillings).
Red meat includes beef, pork and lamb (including mutton). Poultry includes chicken, turkey, duck, goose.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.