Property and Casualty Insurance - US - March 2019
"As many consumers are compelled by law or contract to purchase property and casualty insurance, rates of ownership are quite high, and the industry is highly competitive. While technological innovation continues to reshape the industry, consumer loyalty is yet to be significantly impacted by these developments, and most consumers make their policy choices based on price."
- Chris Shadle, Financial Services Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How prevalent are P&C insurance policies among the general population? Do most consumers bundle multiple policies with a single carrier? Do any noteworthy gaps in coverage exist?
- How often do consumers switch P&C insurers, and which consumers are most likely to do so? Which policy lines are they most likely to switch? What are the primary motivations to change carriers?
- What technological features are consumers most interested in seeing from their P&C insurers? How open are consumers to insurance offerings from new players in the industry?
- What are consumers’ expectations regarding customer service and transparency? How likely are consumers to recommend their P&C insurer?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.