Provenance in Food and Drink - UK - March 2013
“The horse meat scandal, which broke in January 2013, has put the spotlight on the sourcing of food, with concerns raised over the way in which meat from overseas has entered the UK food chain.
While the food industry is likely to feel the effects for some time, consumers are taking a greater interest in the provenance of their food. This is reflected in Mintel’s consumer findings for this report, which illustrate that consumers are more likely to look for products of British, local and regional origin in the wake of the scandal, with the issue appearing to have re-affirmed consumers’ faith in the quality of British-produced food.”
– Amy Price, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Can food of British, regional and local origin benefit from the horse meat scandal?
- What steps can the industry take to tap into consumer demand to identify food origin?
- Can the industry convert the emotional support for British farmers/growers into healthier margins?
- How can the industry tap into consumers’ willingness to buy misshapen British fruit and veg?
- How can the alcoholic drinks market further leverage interest in provenance?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.