Red Meat - US - November 2010
With total U.S. sales of $71.9 billion estimated in 2010, red meat sales have grown 15% since 2005; however, the industry experienced its first single-year decline from 2009-10. In this report, Mintel presents sales trends of red meat, including performance by company and brand, as well as by market segment—beef, pork and other red meat. The heart of the report is Mintel’s exclusive consumer research and analysis including:
- Usage of meat by type, as well as frequency of overall consumption and recent consumption
- Analysis of preparation styles by meat type, as well as comparative assessment of each meat type’s popularity among households
- Insight into where consumers buy meat, both at foodservice and for at-home preparation
- Identification of consumer attitudes and perception of red meat compared to other meat types
- Consumers’ attitudes toward the safety and healthfulness of each meat type, with additional focus on perceptions of red meat users
- Investigation of what types/qualities in red meat consumers currently buy or would be most interested in buying
- Cohesive analysis regarding the impact of race/Hispanic origin on usage and attitudes toward meat
- The influence of the recession, rising food prices and media-driven attention regarding health and safety of meat products on market sales
- Profiles of the leading players and brands in terms of their impact on the market
- Analysis of marketing strategies of major industry advertisers
- Identification and discussion of innovations and innovators in the market, and what key attributes are driving product launches.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.