Refrigerated and Frozen Dough - US - March 2012
The refrigerated and frozen dough market grew by 8.1% between 2006 and 2011. The market grew during the recession, but it faces challenges going forward, including increased competition from bakery products and restaurants as the economy recovers. To maintain the market, dough makers and retailers will need to adapt to their customers’ changing lifestyles and draw in new customer groups through product innovation.
This report provides an up-close look at the refrigerated and frozen dough market, including:
- New product innovations
- The impact of new nutrition guidelines and labeling practices
- How health trends, including interest in gluten-free and whole grain foods, are shaping consumer demand for dough
- The influence of the changing economic climate on cooking and eating habits related to refrigerated and frozen dough
- Where market leader General Mills is most vulnerable to competition from smaller brands
- Brand preferences
- Types of doughs purchased
- Trends in dough purchasing habits over time
- How children shape a family’s use of dough products
- Product qualities most desired by consumers
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.