Salon Products and Consumer Purchasing - US - November 2009
The salon products market has been affected by the economic woes gripping most Americans, as consumers keep a closer eye on their expenditures and trade down on everything from cars to clothing to personal care. In addition, salon brands have found themselves competing with mass market brands delving into the high-end market of hair and skincare, as they also struggle to deal with the practice of diversion, which is becoming increasingly common.
Key findings in this report include:
- The impact of diversion and how manufacturers are handling it
- A look at the competing factors—such as better products in the regular retail channels as well as a poor economy - that are taking sales away from salons and salon products
- A closer look at some salon brands and how they’re innovating in order to stay on top
- The manner in which black haircare is influencing the salon market
- How salons are trying to keep pace with FDM retail channels
- What the potential trends are for the future, as salons determine how to stay afloat in a recession
- How prevalent the purchase of products at salons is, relative to other retail channels
- What the most popular hair and skincare products are at salons
- The attitudes that respondents have regarding salon brands purchased through other retail channels such as mass merchandisers
- How the presence of children in the household affects the purchase of salon brands
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.