Salty Snacks - US - August 2009
Salty snacks is a mature market with sales totalling $17.7 billion in 2009. Amid the sinking US economy, salty snacks have proven to be a recession-proof category. In fact, the pace of growth picked up as the economy worsened.
This report discusses how consumer trends, the lagging economy, and product innovation are shaping the salty snacks market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the salty snacks market and growth forecast through 2014
- How the current economic recession is impacting the salty snacks market and how brands are reacting
- Why some segments of the market are thriving amid the troubled economy, while others face declines
- The hottest trends in the salty snacks market, from hot and spicy flavors to reduced-sodium offerings
- How consumer concerns about food safety—spurred by recent salmonella outbreaks affecting peanut butter snacks and pistachios—are affecting usage and what manufacturers can do to allay their fears
- A spotlight on Frito-Lay’s Cheetos, a brand that has carved out a distinct brand identity to help it succeed in an increasingly crowded category
- Which consumer groups offer the greatest potential for expanding salty snacks usage
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.