Sandwiches, Subs, and Wraps - US - September 2010
While a difficult economic environment has created a variety of challenges for sandwich shop operators, it is also clear that many consumers are seeking inexpensive restaurant dining options and sandwich shops have often been able to capitalize on this demand. Moreover, there is a kind of “health halo” around some sandwich shops that has helped them appeal to the millions of Americans who are seeking convenient and inexpensive ways to achieve their weight loss and healthy living aspirations.
In order to provide insight that can be used to help managers create high-demand products and effective communications, Mintel has prepared this report to address a variety of questions including the following:
- How have sales at sandwich shops in the U.S. fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change in the future?
- How have macroeconomic conditions impacted sandwich shops?
- How are operators responding to the health and wellness trend and what role does this trend play in customer decision-making?
- What types of sandwiches, toppings and beverages are most popular?
- How are sandwich shop chains using social media and other media platforms?
- What factors tend to motivate consumers to choose sandwich shops over QSRs?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.