Savings and Investments Intermediaries - UK - November 2010
This report explores these issues and examines the impact of changing regulations, technology and market conditions on this sector of the advice market, by drawing on a range of trade, consumer and desk research. The report also presents the findings of Mintel’s IFA survey, conducted by NMG.
- IFAs are less confident about their business prospects and the wider financial services market than they were 12 months ago.
- Advisers report that their clients are showing an increased appetite for risk-based investments.
- More IFAs have been recommending emerging markets over the last year, but bonds and UK equity income funds top the table of IFA recommendations.
- Adviser opinion on the RDR is split. However, more IFAs expect the reforms to have a negative impact on their business than a positive one over the coming year – 42% versus 35%.
- Only 12% of advisers regard online financial management as an immediate, significant threat, even though they recognise that over the longer-term it is a direct threat.
- Some 34% of consumers have a professional adviser - of which 14% use IFAs (7 million).
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.