Savoury Biscuits - UK - March 2019
Covered in this report
This report examines the UK retail market for non-sweet biscuits. The market size includes products sold through the retail channel, including:
- Crackers and crispbreads: includes savoury cracker biscuits, crispbreads, toasts, crisp rolls and matzos (eg Cream Crackers and Water Biscuits)
- Savoury biscuits: including cheese-flavoured biscuits, thins, oatcakes, flavoured biscuits (not crackers), cheese straws, breadsticks and sesame seed biscuits
- Rice cakes: including rice cakes and rice crackers
“The dependency on evening snacking for usage has left savoury biscuits vulnerable to competition from other snacks vying for the same occasion. Inspiring people to explore toppings other than cheese and to use savoury biscuits in different ways is needed to build usage for other meal occasions. As recipe suggestions are already widely available, disrupting people’s habits will be important, for example through in-store activity. Harnessing the buzz around fibre and gut health should also boost the category’s appeal.”
– Anita Winther, Research Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Spotlight on fibre is an opportunity the category needs to harness
- Pushing more variation in toppings is needed to unlock more occasions
- Convenience warrants attention for category to tap on-the-go consumption
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.