Seasonal Chocolate - US - August 2010
During 2005-10, seasonal chocolate sales increased 16.3% to become a sweet and sizeable $4.6 billion market (estimated 2010 sales figures). Positioned as a traditional indulgence, the category appears not to have been adversely affected by the wavering economy of the past few years.
However, with concern brewing over obesity (particularly among children) and overall better nutrition, seasonal chocolate may be a tradition some consumers decide to break from in lieu of healthier options. This report discusses the ramifications of this issue throughout, while also covering a range of other topics, including:
- Sales performance of seasonal chocolate by segment and retail channel, as well as the forecast for the market through 2015
- Insight into sales trends, as well as consumer purchase behavior surrounding individual holidays and which ones are most ripe for innovation
- Investigation of the most popular brands and their trended sales performance
- Examination of competitive threats and how seasonal chocolate marketers can contend
- The effectiveness of recent advertising and emerging social media trends that are shaping the seasonal chocolate market
- Analysis of the most and least avid seasonal chocolate consumers by key demographics including gender, age, income and race/Hispanic origin
- Insight into kids’ and teens’ attitudes and purchase behaviors.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.