Secondary Residences and Holiday Rentals - International - December 2016
“The wind is shifting as increasingly the luxury segments of resort and other exclusive property markets are encountering weakness while the lower and medium tiers of the market remain resilient. So far Airbnb has enjoyed phenomenal success by trying to be ‘all things to all people’. However, the accommodation-rental market is getting more sophisticated and fragmented as consumers demand more specific amenities, as well as assurances and security.”
Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How are macroeconomic (growth, interest rates, exchange rates) and geopolitical factors impacting the secondary-residence market?
- What has been the recent trend in property prices in key upmarket resort locations?
- How will the slowdown in wealth creation affect the secondary-residence market?
- Will Airbnb’s growth be throttled by a stricter regulatory environment?
- How is the short-term accommodation-rental market evolving?
- Which are the main holiday-rental groups and what are their prospects?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.