Self Diagnostics - US - February 2010
The self diagnostics market is made up of a diverse group of products that are thriving or flailing due to the economy. For medical segments—mainly those that involve the testing of blood—testing is more of a necessity and is often covered by insurance, which has impacted retail sales. At the same time, people are postponing pregnancy while waiting for better economic times, thereby dampening sales of home pregnancy tests. There has been a strong showing for products that allow for discrete and inexpensive testing at home, as is found in the smaller segment of urine tests. Finally, private label products are proving to be the tortoise to the brand name’s hare in the race for sales success.
This report’s highlights include the following:
- The importance of accuracy across all self diagnostic segments
- The disparate role of demographics in the various segments
- The future of less invasive, less painful testing
- How cross-promoting products can benefit both manufacturers and consumers
- What makes brick-and-mortar stand out in the highly competitive retail world
- How brands use advertising to spread their unique message
- The role of technology, currently and going forward
- How to best target the key group of Baby Boomers
- How targeting “high-risk” populations can help bolster out-of-pocket purchases
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.