Senior Purchasing Decisions - US - May 2010
In today’s media, over-65s are largely marginalized by marketers that want to keep their appeal as broad as possible. This tendency will necessarily change over the next few years as Baby Boomers bring their buying power across the 65-year mark. An understanding of how retirement and age shift purchasing behavior will be essential in capturing Boomer retirement assets.
In this report, Mintel takes a closer look at how over-65s make their purchase decisions.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Why seniors are delaying retirement
- Why buying power of retired consumers is shrinking
- How advertisers are re-defining how they portray seniors
- What kinds of new marketing channels for seniors are emerging
- Which discretionary categories do seniors spend most in
- How important are budgets to senior spending
- Where do seniors get their product information
- Which product qualities do seniors value most
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.