“Taking advantage of burgeoning start-up communities and increasing customer service orientation are just two ways in which serviced office operators can position themselves to exploit growing demand.”
– Ben Harris, Industrial Analyst
This report answers the following questions:
- How are trends in working practices going to change the nature of demand for serviced office space?
- What regions are most likely to generate growth in demand for serviced office and business centre operators over the next five years?
- What can serviced office operators do to generate additional revenue streams out of existing office space?
- How can serviced office operators exploit technology to capture new customers and make more efficient use of workspace?
Serviced offices are commercial buildings providing short-term contract accommodation, including reception services, furniture, telephony and information technology infrastructure.
MBD’s market definition includes serviced offices, semi-serviced offices, business centres and managed workspace.
For the purposes of compiling the market size, third place locations (workspaces for drop-in customers rather than dedicated office space) and co-working spaces (workspaces, usually pay-as-you-go, dedicated as a shared working environment) are excluded. However, these types of accommodation are considered when analysing market trends, commercial opportunities and operators’ performance.
Serviced offices are fully fitted and furnished. The operator is not only responsible for the building maintenance, but will also provide a range of business services, which may include meeting and conference facilities, complete with support services from catering to presentation equipment, reception, secretarial and clerical services, IT and telecommunications support, video conferencing and internet access. This enables clients to occupy the premises and outsource costly internal operations.
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.