Shaving and Hair Removal - US - October 2011
Estimated at nearly $2.1 billion in 2011, the FDMx shaving and hair removal market has been moderately impacted by the economic downturn, and is expected to post an inflation-adjusted gain of 1% from 2006-11. Because the market consists of products that people will always need or want to use, market shifts have not come from users falling out of the market, but in how much consumers have been willing to spend on them. Even within the role of a commodity product, the market is characterized by products with a value proposition at one end, and technology and luxury at the other end. Private label razors and traditional shaving cream brands compete with razors with increasing numbers of blades and built-in shave gel dispensers, while bargain-priced depilatories vie for market share against products that combine hair removal with luxury skincare.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of shaving and hair removal product performance over the past five years, and a forecast of growth for the next five. Also included:
- Recent FDMx sales and market share results in the non-disposable razor, refill cartridge, disposable razor, shaving cream and depilatory segments
- How trends in personal care have women and men doing more hair removal in less traditional places (for example arms, chest, back); and how the quest to look young has kept older consumers an active part of the market for longer
- Major themes in new product introductions from both major players and niche manufacturers
- Mintel’s own consumer research on product use, as well as the attitudes and behaviors that drive category performance
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.