Side Dishes: The Market - US - June 2010
The recent recession has encouraged more people to eat at home more often. This has created an opportunity for consumer packaged goods companies to take advantage of the need for shoppers to stock their shelves and pantries with side dishes that are economical and add variety to mealtime. The question is, how good a job have they done at capturing the imaginations of consumers to maximize their sales opportunities and connect with their key audiences in ways that develop loyalty as the recession eases?
For the first time ever, Mintel is releasing two separate reports on the side dish category. This one is focused on the market trends, company and brand sales, product development, advertising and promotion. The other is focused on the attitudes and behaviors of the consumers who drive the market and ultimately determine the success or failure of products. As this report is market-based, it provides:
- An analysis of what drives segment performance, what the top brands are in each side dish category and what they are doing to stay ahead of the competition
- An overview of some of the latest side dish innovations and which companies are at the forefront of new product introductions, as well as the rationale behind their launches
- A breakdown of sales by retail channel and exploration of why some outlet types are more successful than others when it comes to side dishes
- An exploration of the impact that teens and kids have on side dish purchase behavior and how companies can leverage this to their advantage
- A comparison of name brand versus private label and shoppers’ attitudes toward each, as well as an indication of how their behavior will change post-recession
- Factors that influence the decision to buy side dishes and why some consumers ignore the category entirely
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.