Sleep Aids - US - November 2009
This report explores the market for non-prescription, over-the-counter sleep aids. Many Americans have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Nevertheless, consumers seem to view non-prescription sleep aids as less viable solutions to these problems in comparison to prescription medications. Therefore, sales of non-prescription products trail those of their more widely advertised prescription counterparts. This report explores ways to build brands, innovate product forms and marketing, expand the category, and engage and educate consumers about the advantages of non-prescription sleep aids and remedies over traditional prescription medications.
Analysis and insights include:
- Market drivers and opportunities for innovation both in product form and the market as a whole
- Competition in the marketplace among products, treatments and behavioral adjustments that are designed to help people sleep, including prescription sleep remedies, off-label product usage, natural and homeopathic remedies, as well as sleep hygiene recommendations and products such as sound machines
- Innovation and innovators among leading companies in the category
- Advertising and promotion strategies and/or themes
- Consumer opinions and behavior, including data on consumers who have purchased or are willing to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter sleep aids
- Cluster analysis to identify the consumer groups most likely to be attracted to these products
- Custom consumer group analysis on the attitudes and behaviors of respondents toward various non-prescription, over-the-counter sleep aids, based on their concern with product dependence, effectiveness, safety and side effects
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.