Sleep Aids - US - November 2010
This report explores the market for non-prescription, over-the-counter (OTC) sleep aids. Many Americans have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Despite their sleep troubles, however, most Americans have not tried a prescription, OTC or homeopathic sleep aid.
This report explores the reasons why adults are reluctant to use sleep aids, and presents areas of opportunity—especially in light of product recalls of Johnson & Johnson/McNeil Consumer Healthcare brands Tylenol PM, Simply Sleep and others.
This report explores ways to build brands, innovate product forms and marketing, expand the category, and engage and educate consumers about the advantages of non-prescription sleep aids and remedies over traditional prescription medications.
Analysis and insights include:
- Market drivers and opportunities for innovation, both in product form and the market as a whole
- Competition in the marketplace among products and treatments, as well as behavioral adjustments that are designed to help people sleep
- Innovation and innovators among leading companies in the category
- Advertising and promotional strategies and/or themes
- Consumer opinions and behavior, including data on consumers who have purchased or are willing to purchase non-prescription, OTC sleep aids
- Cluster analysis to identify the consumer groups most likely to be attracted to these products
- Custom consumer group analysis with an in-depth review of attitudes toward sleep aids by age group and gender
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.