Smart House - US - April 2009
This report explores the market for smart home products. To date, many consumers have only dabbled with smart home products. Although they may have established a wired or wireless home network, utilized Windows Media Server or Apple Airport Express to play music or media over a network on another connected device, or added dimmers and basic lighting controls, they have been intimidated by or priced out of the market for whole house systems.
This report explores how to engage and educate consumers about new technologies relating to multiple smart house segments, including: automation devices, energy savings systems and products, security and home monitoring products and services, and entertainment products for whole-house audio/video. Analysis and insights include:
- Market drivers and opportunities for innovation for energy management and control, home automation, distributed audio/video entertainment and the market as a whole
- Innovation among leading companies and newer, specialists in the arena
- Advertising and promotion strategies and/or themes
- Consumer opinions and behavior, including data on who has purchased or is willing to pay for specific smart home-related technologies
- Cluster analysis to identify the consumer groups most likely to find these products and/or services attractive
What you get
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.