Snack Foods and Confectionery - Ireland - October 2012
The advertising of snack foods and confectionery is a key issue that engenders plenty of lively debate in Ireland, particularly where children are concerned. Critics of such advertising, such as the Irish Heart Foundation and Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, have called for a complete ban on the advertising of snack foods and confectionery to children before the 9pm watershed on TV. Further, the Irish Heart Foundation finds that some 75% of Irish parents would support such a ban, while 20% would support a total ban on advertising unhealthy foods to children.
Key Themes in this report include:
- Size of the snack foods and confectionery sectors – How have changing economic and social trends impacted upon these markets, and what sectors have been most affected?
- How are the governments of both regions affecting these sectors? – An outline of the key legislation surrounding the advertising of snack foods and confectionery, particularly at children. How will it impact the industry?
- What are the key health issues associated with the snack food and confectionery industries? – Obesity in Ireland has reached epidemic levels, particularly among children. What is being done to remedy this situation?
- Who are the key players in these markets in Ireland? – An overview of the main companies serving the snack food and confectionery market in NI and RoI will be presented. What are these companies offering the Irish consumer?
- What are the potential areas for growth within these sectors in Ireland? – What impact will the changing tastes of Irish consumers mean for snack food and confectionery companies, and where are the new opportunities in this industry?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.