Social Media: Food - UK - July 2012
“The food market is presented with a number of challenges to overcome with regards to engaging consumers online. Despite sizeable communities established by some brands within the market, the majority of consumers remain unwilling to form affiliations with brands, rather engaging only when the opportunity of acquiring a discount or promotional offers presents itself.
– Rob Parkin, Social Media Analyst
- How can food brands capitalise on their male audience?
- Do high levels of offline engagement undermine brands’ social strategies?
- Are people more engaged with food brands before or after purchase?
- What is the best way for food brands to engage people online?
- Obesity is on the rise in Britain, but does online conversation show consumer concern or apathy?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.