Social Media in Foodservice - US - June 2018
"More than half of consumers have seen restaurant content on social media in the past year, reflecting the impact social media has in the foodservice space. Social media experiences in restaurants generally drive a positive association among consumers and create memorable moments, but social media isn’t a one-size-fits-all strategy. Every social network reaches different audiences and drives different forms of engagement. In today’s scattered social media era, understanding your core diners is critical for hitting the right tone, both on-premise and online.
- Diana Kelter, Foodservice Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Social media trends don’t reflect everyday life
- Facebook and Twitter are being used with less frequency
- Young men and women don’t follow the same social media habits
- Younger Millennials are the target social media audience
- Social media inspired menu items have positive perceptions
- The rainbow, unicorn, and “Millennial pink” impact on food and drink
- The “sweet” side of social media drives interest
- iGens love YouTube
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.