Soft Drinks Review - UK - March 2019
Covered in this report
This report explores usage of and attitudes towards soft drinks. Both on- and off-trade sales are included in the total market size. The overall market size has been compiled as a total value of the five categories listed below:
- Bottled water, including still, sparkling, flavoured and unflavoured – see Bottled Water – UK, March 2019
- Carbonated soft drinks, including regular and diet carbonates, and mixers – see Carbonated Soft Drinks – UK, June 2018
- Cordials and squashes – see Cordials and Squashes – UK, May 2017 and April 2019
- Fruit juice, juice drinks and smoothies – see Fruit Juice, Juice Drinks and Smoothies – UK, December 2018
- Sports and energy drinks (excluding protein-based sports nutrition drinks) – see Sports and Energy Drinks – UK, August 2017
“The soft drinks market has faced a challenging period as sugar has come under public spotlight since 2014. These drinks have, however, retained a substantial place on consumers’ menus. The significant challenge ahead is how to respond to the current scrutiny of single-use plastic packaging, in terms of both government initiatives and legislation and changes in consumer behaviour.”
– Kiti Soininen, Category Director – UK Food & Drink Research
This report will cover the following areas:
- Concerns over plastic packaging waste are putting users off
- The onus is on operators to drive awareness of green aspects beyond packaging
- Health considerations lead when soft drinks vie to step in for alcohol
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.