Specialty Foods - The NASFT State of the Industry Report - The Consumer - US - November 2009
This report, a companion to Speciality Foods—NASFT State of the Industry Report—The Market—US, October 2009, examines consumer attitudes towards, and opinions about, specialty foods.
- Focusing on what makes the “specialty foods” category unique, the study identifies the typical specialty food consumer and examines the ways in which that consumer’s shopping, cooking, and eating habits differ from those of consumers in general
Also included in this report is an analysis of attitudes and opinions concerning food, entertaining, and specialty food purchases, as well as an examination of restaurant and travel habits of specialty food consumers. Mintel’s survey of specialty food consumers, fielded in July 2009, parallels surveys undertaken between 2006 and 2008, allowing us to examine trends in consumer attitudes and behaviors over time.
- The typical specialty food shopper tends to be younger and more affluent than the average consumer
- Specialty food consumers surveyed are typically more interested than the average consumer in food, recipes, and entertaining, and they tend to be well traveled, within the US and abroad
- They buy a variety of specialty products, such as coffee, tea, and chocolate to relishes, pickles, and vinegar
- Surveyed specialty food shoppers are more likely to buy natural, organic, and kosher/halal products than are average consumers
- They are also more likely to shop for food in multiple retail channels, from traditional supermarkets to specialty food stores, natural food stores, and delis
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.