Spoonable Desserts - US - October 2010
The multi-billion dollar spoonable desserts market spans both the traditional and specialty retail environment, featuring shops that sell ice cream and other popular dessert options. This is a very dynamic category, as it features something for everyone and includes some of the most indulgent treats, as well as portion-controlled packaging. Price points come in a variety of sizes as well, ranging from the more affordable private label products all the way to super-premium brands that command a higher price tag. With so much to choose from, spoonable desserts have weathered the tough economy better than many other categories, but it has been far from recession-proof. With this in mind, this report is focused on providing insights on the following topics:
- What manufacturers are doing to try and stay relevant in the largest segment – ice cream – for consumers looking for an occasional treat
- What the leading name brands and private labels are doing to try and connect with their target audiences
- What companies have been doing enough, in terms of innovation, to boost sales and maintain consumer interest in spoonable desserts
- The influence of ice cream shops on the category’s performance
- The effectiveness of marketing and leveraging of social media to stay connected with consumers
- Recent consumption patterns with spoonable desserts and the role that kids play in the category’s fortunes
- The relative sales performance of spoonable desserts segments and retail channels
- The most popular flavors and brands, in terms of sales and consumer attitudes, and what manufacturers can do to anticipate future trends.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.